Do You Care To Take An Oath?
I declare to myself and others that…
- I will try my best in small ways to reduce stigma about mental illness in the society.
- I will not make fun of persons with mental health problems and treat them with respect and dignity.
- I will try to treat mental health matters with due concern as much as physical health.
- I will try to gain basic knowledge about common mental health problems and try to increase the awareness of others with whom I interact on a regular basis.
- I will try my best to care about my own mental health and well-being and would not hesitate to seek support from others, when needed.
- I will try my best to care for and support others in maintaining their mental health and well-being.
I commit to abide by this oath in its true spirit…
And also encourage others to do so.
PREPARED FOR: YOUTH PRO
By the Positive Psychology Unit, Dept of Clinical Psychology,
Conduct an oath- taking exercise for a group of peers as part of any mental health awareness program that you organize/ as a stand–alone activity during any function/assembly. Read it aloud, slowly and in parts, and ask the audience to repeat each part after you.
Download Here : oath